Mindfulness in Workplace
Do you have so much going on in your life that your mind constantly races with many thoughts, problems, and things to do? This type of thinking creates stress! Stress can have a profound impact on your productivity, health, and relationships. While there are many ways to reduce stress, mindfulness is a way of being that, with knowledge and practice, can be done almost in any place, at any time to provide clarity and reduce stress. This session explains the dynamics of stress and shares the practice of mindfulness to reduce stress.
• Learn the basic components of stress and how it affects you – mind, body and spirit
• Understand the long-term implications of stress
• Learn tools and considerations to help manage all components to reduce stress and its impact
• Learn about mindfulness and how it can help reduced stress and its impact
• Practice a few mindfulness techniques
• Identify actions to implement beyond the workshop to encourage the use of mindfulness at work and home (SMART Objective format.)
Working with the Multigenerational Workforce
Did you know that this is the first time in history that FOUR (sometimes five) generations are in the workforce at the same time? While some may view this as an irritant, others know that this is an exciting time, filled with possibilities to learn and grow from generations that are different than your own. This session will provide general information and context about the four generations, and how they can show up in the workplace. With patience, knowledge, and understanding, you will leave the session with ways to leverage the perspectives and unique ideas of each person, no matter the generation!
• Identify the four generations prominent in today’s workforce and their unique characteristics
• Understand how the four generations “show up” in the work place
• Learn approaches to maximize the value of a multi-generational workforce
• Identify actions to implement to encourage a balance of multigenerational involvement for Work/Projects, Leadership, Culture Transformation, & Collaboration
• Make a commitment to create, enhance, or repair a commitment with someone from a different generation (SMART Objective format)